Saturday, November 24, 2012

Learning Real Life Lessons in the Virtual World

See on Scoop.it - Psychology Matters



How does a virtual world carry over into kids’ real life? Contributor Rebecca Levey has tips that can help.

“Here’s a news flash: your child is most likely going to online places he or she shouldn’t. Like my daughter. She ended up as a scantily clad avatar dancing with a virtual man in leather pants in a virtual club in a virtual world. Only when her virtual dance partner asked her to remove her virtual top (an action, by the way, the site does not allow) did she tell me where she had been. Why did she tell me? Because she was freaked out and afraid. But also because I’ve made it OK for her to tell me about her online activities.”




See on mashable.com

via Tumblr Learning Real Life Lessons in the Virtual World

Online Masters and PhDs

Online and Distance Learning